- Giant-Carlisle introduces healthy-food checkout lanes
- License to sell beer: Martin's new Marketplace Café allows store to navigate state's archaic liquor laws
- Giant-Carlisle sponsors drug take-back events
- Ahold USA appoints SVP pharmacy, health and beauty care
- Giant to host Field Trip Factory's Dietitian Summit
CARLISLE, Pa. — A Giant-Carlisle store in Pennsylvania will sponsor an event to teach kids about healthy eating.
Giant Food Stores, the Ahold USA-owned chain based in Carlisle, Pa., said it would sponsor the "Kid Healthy Ideas Nutrition Express" on Friday morning and again on the morning of Aug. 22 at a store in Camp Hill, Pa.
An in-store nutritionist will teach kids how to make snack mix, breakfasts and healthy desserts, as well as teach them about the dangers of sugary drinks.
"The Kid Healthy Ideas Nutrition Express is a fun and interactive way to learn about proper nutrition and health," the nutritionist, Sylvia Warner, said. "Kids can have fun an drake home a free gift, all while learning more about healthy eating."
Giant-Carlisle also announced the re-opening of five remodeled stores in the Philadelphia area. All of the stores were among the 15 Genuardi's Family Markets that the company purchased from Philadelphia.