- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Giant Eagle is launching a prescription delivery service beginning next week, according to a report published Wednesday in the Columbus Dispatch.
The initiative is expected to drive prescription growth. "More and more customers [who] think of Giant Eagle as their grocery store, [will] think of Giant Eagle pharmacy as their drug store," Brett Merrell, SVP health and wellness, told the Dispatch.
Starting Monday, Giant Eagle will deliver prescriptions free within a 10-mile radius of each of its 22 central Ohio groceries with in-store pharmacies.
Kroger provides a similar service in the market, the Dispatch noted.