- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- Giant Eagle to begin providing prescription delivery service in Columbus, Ohio, market
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- CVS Caremark, Cardinal Health form largest generic sourcing entity in U.S.
COLUMBUS, Ohio Huntington on Thursday announced the opening of the first of its Giant Eagle in-store branches, part of an exclusive, 15-year agreement announced in September to install seven-day-a-week, full-service branches in at least 103 Giant Eagle supermarkets.
"This is a true partnership between two companies that share a strong, long-held commitment to customer service, convenience and the communities in which we do business," stated Mary Navarro, retail and business banking director. "We will add 500 jobs over time in Ohio. This will give Huntington the largest branch network in Ohio, with nearly 500 branches."
Huntington in-store branches are located across four Giant Eagle locations. The new in-store distribution channel is an important part of Huntington's strategy to give customers added convenience and continue the bank's growth, Navarro said.