- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Walgreens launches environmentally friendly store brand Ology, formulated free of 'harmful chemicals'
- The essential value of HIEs in delivering patient-centered pharmacy care
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
CLEVELAND — Giant Eagle has opened an 83,000-sq.-ft., state-of-the-art supermarket in Cleveland.
The store, located near Interstate 77 and Route 82, marks Giant Eagle's first new supermarket in the Cleveland area since the opening of its West 117th and Interstate 90 location. Giant Eagle said the store features a diverse selection of the region's freshest, high quality foods and prepared dishes, a health, beauty and wellness department, a sit-down cafe, an in-store Huntington Bank branch and a nearby GetGo location. The latest Giant Eagle also is environmentall friendly and marks northeast Ohio's first supermarket with a solar roof.
"The new store, which is bringing approximately 250 new jobs to the area, is designed with a convenient and friendly shopping experience in mind, and represents the latest design and features we have to offer," Giant Eagle senior director of corporate communications Rob Borella said. "The store also incorporates many of the environmentally friendly features that have helped us earn the world's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certified supermarket in nearby Brunswick, and since seven other supermarket and fuel and convenience store locations including our most recent LEED certification in Indiana, Pa."