- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
LANDOVER, Md. — Giant Food is offering discounts at the pharmacy counter with a new card available for a one-time enrollment fee, the supermarket chain said Tuesday.
Giant, the Ahold USA-operated supermarket banner also known as Giant-Landover due to being based in Landover, Md., and to distinguish it from fellow Ahold chain Giant Food Stores of Carlisle, Pa., announced the launch of the Giant Prescription Savings Card, which offers discounts on branded and generic drugs and personalized savings on other health-related products.
The card is available for a $10 fee per household and allows cardholders to pay $3.99 for a 30-day supply of some generic drugs, $9.99 for a 90-day supply and discounts on pet medications, as well as flu shots and diabetes testing supplies.
"We are committed to meeting our customers' health and wellness needs while offering outstanding value," Giant director of pharmacy operations Gayle Shields said. "The Giant Prescription Savings Card will enable loyal customers to purchase the high-quality prescriptions and pet medications they need at a fraction of the price."