- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- L’Oréal Paris brings beauty to NYC subway system with breakthrough vending experience
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Publix rolls out med sync program chainwide, powered by Ateb’s Time My Meds
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Global Market Development Center earlier this week named Mark Mechelse to the role of director of industry insights.
"We are excited to welcome Mark Mechelse into GMDC as one of our newest team members," stated Dave McConnell, president and CEO of GMDC. "The addition of his skill set is a compliment to the GMDC strategy that will enhance the connection between our members, as well as GMDC's education programs; and he will provide insight into market trends."
Mechelse will report to Mark Deuschle, GMDC’s chief marketing officer and VP business development, coordinating GMDC’s communications efforts and marketing messages. In addition, his responsibilities will be to oversee and manage GMDC content on its website and in press releases, and to activate a formidable social media presence, as well as other emerging technologies.
Mechelse has a degree in marketing and advertising from Sheridan College in Toronto. He was a managing director of his own advertising agency, as well as the director of creative and communications at Paramount Cards, prior to its acquisition by Hallmark Cards in 2006. Most recently, Mechelse was the director of client services for AIM Global, a custom and private-label product development company in Nashville, Tenn.