- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Beiersdorf celebrates Mentoring Month with Big Brothers Big Sisters partnership
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
PHOENIX — GMDC members elected two new board members to serve in two-year terms on their board of directors, the association announced Tuesday — Mike Petocchi, business group manager HBC/cosmetics with Wegmans Food Markets and former GMDC chairman Jim Wonderly, VP grocery non-foods/GM Ahold USA.
Additionally, Curtis Maki, VP HBC/GM program management and pharmacy with Topco Associates, was re-elected to serve another two-year term. Maki also will serve as the co-chairman of the Membership Advisory Board.
Dave McConnell, GMDC president and CEO, recognized four members who will retire from the GMDC board of directors in 2012, for their outstanding service and commitment to the organization. The GMDC retirees include Jim Connolly, SVP retail division with Technical Consumer Products; Bill Graham, president of Beiersdorf; Tom Nestor, VP customer development with Unilever; and Bob Zekis, EVP business development with Imperial Distributors.
Anthea Jones, SVP store operations for Bi-Lo, will continue in his role as chairman during 2012.