- Katz Group to sell independent, franchise businesses to McKesson
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Pawlenty and ‘who’s who’ of retail pharmacy headline 13th annual Issues Summit
- Bi-Lo buys big with proposed Winn-Dixie merger
- Survey says 6-in-10 adults don’t eat enough fruits and veggies
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Global Market Development Center on Friday announced five new member representatives to its board for a two-year term.
As of Jan. 1, 2013, newly elected board officers include GMDC chairman Bill Anderson, group VP of drug store, beauty, general merchandise, floral and services for H-E-B; GMDC vice-chairman Dewayne Rabon, VP general merchandise/HBC/family care for BI-LO/Winn-Dixie; and GMDC secretary/treasurer Steve Davis, director of center store, GM/HBC and grocery nonfoods at Weis Markets.
The new directors to the board include David Lowe, senior director of HBC/GM/seasonal at C&S Wholesale Grocers; Michael O’Shell, director of center store at Rouses Enterprises; Bob Richardson, director of sales, industry and customer development at Clorox/Burt’s Bees; Mitch Terry, VP sales and merchandising HBC/GM at the Associated Grocers of Florida; and Kathy Williams, senior business manager of GM/HBC at Raley’s Family of Fine Stores.
In a statement announcing the new appointments, GMDC expressed gratitude for its immediate past-chairman from 2011 to 2012 — Anthea Jones, SVP operations and president of BI-LO — "for his hard work and dedication to the board."