- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- Report: Amazon tests public delivery lockers in Seattle, New York retailers
- GNC private-label products arrive at Sam's Club
- Rite Aid’s new loyalty program a major bright spot in tough Q3
- Rite Aid sponsors flu vaccinations at Grand Central Terminal
PITTSBURGH — GNC recently extended its relationship with Sam's Club, the company announced in conjunction with its second-quarter results.
Beginning in third quarter 2012, GNC's presence in all Sam's Club locations will incorporate established shelf space with branded signage, adding to the existing rotational assortment program.
Overall, GNC's manufacturing/wholesale segment has been doing well. For second quarter 2012, segment revenue, excluding intersegment revenue, grew 10.7% to $56.9 million, driven primarily by a 29.7% increase in third-party manufacturing contract sales.
GNC opened 11 net new Rite Aid franchise store-within-a-store locations during the quarter.