- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- GPhA pays homage to retiring Rep. Henry Waxman
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
- CHPA announces its support for bill that would place age restrictions on DXM sale
WASHINGTON — The Generic Pharmaceutical Association has appointed a new officer to head its communications, the industry trade group said Tuesday.
The GPhA announced the appointment of Claire Sheahan as VP communications, effective Jan. 22. Sheahan previously worked as SVP and partner of communications firm Fleishman-Hillard, leading the firm's Washington-based healthcare practice.
"We are so pleased to welcome Claire to the GPhA team," GPhA president and CEO Ralph Neas said. "Her exceptional background, especially the successful public international initiatives she has directed, here in Washington, nationally and globally, will be indispensable to our organization."