- Certain Dri develops new drip-free formula
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Tidy Cats introduces new line of lighter litter
- Tidy Cats lightens up kitty litter
NASHVILLE — The Nutro Co. on Wednesday was awarded the 2011 Product of the Year title in the pet health category by TNS for its Greenies JointCare treats.
"As pet parents are increasingly interested in benefit-focused products, the Greenies brand strives to deliver innovative, targeted treats that allow [pet owners] to provide care in an enjoyable way," stated Brad Quest, product development veterinarian for the Greenies brand. "We discovered that green-lipped mussel, found only in New Zealand waters, provides a novel combination of joint nourishing properties.”
In a clinical study performed by Waltham, the nutrients contained in green-lipped mussel were found to have a beneficial effect on canine joint health, Nutro noted.
The 2011 Product of the Year U.S. shoppers survey conducted by TNS found that 68% of shoppers reported that a consumer-voted award meant more for a new product than an expert's opinion.