- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- LiceGuard's Robi Comb hits retail
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
NASHVILLE — The Nutro Co. on Wednesday was awarded the 2011 Product of the Year title in the pet health category by TNS for its Greenies JointCare treats.
"As pet parents are increasingly interested in benefit-focused products, the Greenies brand strives to deliver innovative, targeted treats that allow [pet owners] to provide care in an enjoyable way," stated Brad Quest, product development veterinarian for the Greenies brand. "We discovered that green-lipped mussel, found only in New Zealand waters, provides a novel combination of joint nourishing properties.”
In a clinical study performed by Waltham, the nutrients contained in green-lipped mussel were found to have a beneficial effect on canine joint health, Nutro noted.
The 2011 Product of the Year U.S. shoppers survey conducted by TNS found that 68% of shoppers reported that a consumer-voted award meant more for a new product than an expert's opinion.