- Hydroxycut adds new products to weight-loss line
- Crossmark names Janet Carter-Smith VP
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Most people managing diabetes interested in weight-loss programs
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare and TV personality Samantha Harris have teamed up to announce the launch of "Let's Fight Holiday Fat" — a new, free online guide that provides weight maintenance support for Americans trying to squeeze in healthy eating and exercise this season.
The tool, created courtesy of Alli, an FDA-approved weight-loss aid available without a prescription — is for anyone interested in overcoming the holidays and being weight-loss-ready for 2013.
LetsFightHolidayFat.com combines three core elements for the weight-conscious during the holidays — diet, physical activity and motivation, all in an easy-to-use interface. It helps track goals and prepare for long-term success with various features, including:
- Follow-along fitness videos, from cross training to yoga/pilates;
- Healthy (i.e., reduced calorie, low-fat) daily meal suggestions and recipes;
- Custom calorie- and activity-tracking;
- Community and social features and forums;
- Smart phone accessibility; and
- Expert tips and tricks.
"GSK is excited to offer this new tool, specifically to help those looking for a guide during the difficult month of December when it comes to maintaining your weight," stated Deborah Larsen, marketing director of Alli. "The Alli brand has always offered a comprehensive support program to make weight loss manageable and motivational, and we wanted to provide yet another convenient resource. Samantha Harris shares our strong passion for a healthy lifestyle, and we're pleased to be working together to help others defeat temptation while embracing the holidays this year."