- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Albertson's LLC opens pharmacy inside California hospital
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
SAN ANTONIO — H-E-B has acquired three Texas-based Albertsons LLC stores.
The Albertsons locations in College Station, Kerrville and New Braunfels will close in October. The Kerrville location, a 49,000-sq.-ft. store, will be remodeled and converted into an H-E-B, while the other two properties will be made available for lease, as the company opened new stores in the College Station and New Braunfels last year. As part of the transition, Albertsons pharmacy customers will be transferred to H-E-B, while current employees are being offered the opportunity to interview for positions at H-E-B.
"We view these acquisitions as an opportunity to expand the retail experience in these communities and offer new jobs," H-E-B group VP of public affairs and diversity Winell Herron said.