- Survey says 6-in-10 adults don’t eat enough fruits and veggies
- Silk Pure Coconut hits dairy aisle
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- FDA, CDC affirm safety of Mead Johnson's Enfamil; tests for Cronobacter negative
- DanActive, Activia claims land yogurt company in hot water
MELVILLE, N.Y. — It seems that Hain Celestial is stepping up its product development by adding an almond milk-based yogurt to its portfolio.
Participating in last week's Barclays Capital Back-To-School Consumer Conference in Boston, Hain Celestial president and CEO Irwin Simon said that more consumers are eating yogurt for breakfast. Although Irwin discussed the recently-acquired Greek Gods yogurt brand, he also noted that the company is preparing to launch a nondairy-based yogurt under its Almond Dream brand for the consumer that is looking for less dairy or is lactose intolerant.
Irwin said the product launch will be in the near future.