- Kroger to acquire Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion
- Harris Teeter donates more than 57,000 lbs. of fresh peaches to local food bank
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- Publix announces two new openings for North Carolina market
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Selecting an appropriate wine for a dinner party or a romantic evening could get easier with a new app for customers at Harris Teeter supermarkets.
The supermarket chain announced Friday a deal with wine-industry mobile services provider Hello Vino to launch a new feature for the retailer's app called Wine Assistant. The feature, as part of the hit app, will provide information about the various wines available in Harris Teeter stores, recommending wine pairings for various dishes or occasions, and allowing wine searches, tasting notes and wine profiles.
"At Harris Teeter, we always strive to provide our shoppers with an excellent shopping experience in our stores," Harris Teeter communication manager Catherine Becker said. "The new Wine Assistant app will be an incredibly useful resource for both our customers and retail staff, which will ultimately enhance their H.T. experience."