- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
- Harris Teeter shareholders approve proposed Kroger merger agreement
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- FTC grants early termination of waiting period for Kroger, Harris Teeter deal
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter will hold a grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony on July 31 to celebrate the opening of its 53,000-square-foot store in a new market for the supermarket chain — Goldsboro, N.C.
The store features a Farmers Markets focusing on both locally and regionally grown items. It will also have an expanded chef-prepared food section in Market Hall and a full-service pharmacy with drive-up service.
Construction began on the new Harris Teeter in fall 2012.