- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Study: Hemoglobin A1C may not effectively diagnose kids with diabetes
- American Diabetes Association introduces guide for mothers with Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Study: Duration of obesity linked to increased risk of diabetes
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Harris Teeter on Thursday launched a donation card campaign to support JDRF, a charitable funder of research toward curing, treating and preventing Type 1 diabetes and its complications.
“Harris Teeter wants to play a positive role in the communities in which it is located and is proud to host a donation card campaign on behalf of JDRF,” stated Catherine Becker, communication manager for Harris Teeter. “Our customers also are extremely generous, and our goal during this campaign is to not only raise money for the research programs JDRF funds, but also to increase awareness of the nonprofit’s role in improving lives and curing Type 1 diabetes.”
During the month of March, Harris Teeter customers at every Harris Teeter location will be able to make $1, $3 or $5 donations to JDRF at checkout. Similar community-based donation card campaigns hosted by Harris Teeter have raised more than $500,000 in a given month, the grocer reported.
Harris Teeter posted a short video message about JDRF and the donation card campaign on its site.