- Harris Teeter and MillerCoors donate holiday meals to 400 military families served by Operation Homefront
- FTC grants early termination of waiting period for Kroger, Harris Teeter deal
- Safeway deal is more than the sum of its parts
- Consumer Reports ranks Wegmans No. 1 grocer
- Harris Teeter launches new yearly payment option for online shoppers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter and MillerCoors on Tuesday announced that the companies jointly will host Operation Homefront Thanksgiving Feast for Military Families on Nov. 22.
Families of DC National Guard members will arrive at the DC Armory to greet a Harris Teeter tractor trailer filled with traditional holiday dinners. Thanks to the support of MillerCoors and Operation Homefront, Harris Teeter is providing 400 families — many of which have loved ones deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan over the holidays — with fully prepared turkey dinners.
Representatives from Harris Teeter will be on hand to receive thanks and commemorative coins from the commander of the DC National Guard, General Errol Schwartz and leaders of the Guard’s Family Readiness Group.
“Times are tough for our military, and multiple deployments, on top of a bad economy, have made it especially hard for their families,” stated Vivian Dietrich, president of Operation Homefront’s DC Metro Chapter. “On behalf of those who sacrifice so much for us, we thank Harris Teeter for its generous support.”