- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Kroger to acquire Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion
- Harris Teeter donates more than 57,000 lbs. of fresh peaches to local food bank
- Publix announces two new openings for North Carolina market
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — In partnership with the Washington Nationals, Harris Teeter is hosting a food drive now through July 8, 2013 to support its local food bank partners, the supermarket retailer announced Monday.
In addition to donating food at local Harris Teeter stores, Nationals fans may bring non-perishable food items to Nationals Park on July 6 and 7 when the team faces the San Diego Padres. Volunteers will collect donations outside Center Field Gate from the time gates open through the fourth inning.
Donations made at Nationals Park will benefit Capital Area Food Bank. Fans who donate three non-perishable food items at the ballpark will receive two tickets to one of two future games, while supplies last. New this year, the first 1,000 fans to donate Harris Teeter Brands canned goods on July 6 and the first 1,000 fans to donate canned goods on July 7 will also receive $5 worth of NatsBucks.
Harris Teeter announced in May a $225,000 donation to its food bank partners and is hosting this food drive to help raise additional awareness for the problem of hunger. Donations made at Harris Teeter locations will benefit Capital Area Food Bank and Loudoun Interfaith Relief. Beneficiaries will be displayed on posters placed on the collection bins in each store.