- FTC grants early termination of waiting period for Kroger, Harris Teeter deal
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
- Kroger posts quarterly sales gains of 4.6%
- Harris Teeter shareholders approve proposed Kroger merger agreement
- Walgreens raised more than $4.6 million to support Type 1 diabetes research in July
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter on Monday donated more than $340,000 to JDRF, made possible thanks to contributions from Harris Teeter customers during the company’s recent point-of-purchase campaign.
Harris Teeter hosted the point of purchase donation card campaign in March, during which time Harris Teeter customers were invited to make $1, $3 or $5 donations to JDRF at checkout.
“Harris Teeter customers continue to show their generosity to our nonprofit partners,” stated Catherine Becker, communication manager for Harris Teeter, “and we appreciate their overwhelming support of JDRF.”
In addition to the donation from the point of purchase donation card campaign, Harris Teeter also is sponsoring the upcoming Harris Teeter Celebrity Golf Classic benefiting the Greater Western Carolinas Chapter of JDRF on May 8, 2013 here. For more than 10 years, Harris Teeter has been a sponsor of the golf classic and in that time, the Greater Western Carolinas Chapter of JDRF has generated more than $900,000 for T1D research from the golf tournament.