- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
- Surescripts launches open platform for docs
- Medco: Poor adherence may cause lack of response to medication
- PDX, Healthcare Data Solutions partner to provide prescriber verification process to PDX users
DUBUQUE, Iowa — A regional pharmacy chain has acquired a store based in Iowa.
Hartig Drug, which operates 16 stores throughout eastern Iowa, northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin, has acquired Darlington, Iowa-based Whitford Pharmacy, which has been in business since 1980.
"We are excited about having Whitford Pharmacy joining our family of stores," said Richard Hartig, CEO of Hartig Drug. "With having [more than] 140 years collectively in a family-owned pharmacy business, we will continue to deliver the best patient care to the families in the Lafayette County area."