- KareCo brings hair brush collection to mass market
- CVS/pharmacy unveils Nuance Salma Hayek spring 2014 collection
- Mineral Fusion develops new Beauty Balms, Gray Root Concealers for hair
- Not Your Mother's to provide hairstyling at Style360 NY Fashion Week
- Former Revlon CEO appointed CEO of Scientific Games
NEW YORK LiceGuard has developed an innovative, nontoxic method to detect and destroy lice.
LiceGuard's Robi Comb is a quick, electronic comb that detects and kills head lice, which then are combed out of hair. LiceGuard's Robi Comb and other all-natural products are supported by Healthy Child -- a nonprofit organization focused on reducing and eliminating chemical exposures from home products, furnishings and food.
"Parents today are aware of the potential dangers that chemicals present to children's health and proper development. Advocating for safe products and alternatives to those filled with harmful synthetics is key to Healthy Child's core mission," said Christopher Gavial, CEO and executive director of Healthy Child Healthy World. "We help parents navigate a complicated and confusing marketplace to find high quality, effective alternatives to conventional products. We recommend the Robi Comb because parent won't be worried about any chemical intrusion and yet they can properly treat their child's lice issues."
LiceGuard's Robi Comb currently is being sold at such retailers as Rite Aid, Walgreens and Walmart.