- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Deloitte survey: Employers say outcomes-based medicine is answer to healthcare woes
NEW YORK — PingMD, a New York City-based mobile communications healthcare solutions company, has announced that Lambda Fund IV is making an investment in PingMD’s B-round of funding.
Having invested in companies such as SeniorBridge (acquired by Humana), AthenaHealth, Medidata Solutions and Health Dialog acquired by BUPA, the Lambda Fund’s Managing Partner Anthony Lamport said, “I am excited about PingMD's transformational approach to intelligent communications in healthcare.”
Gopal K. Chopra, CEO of PingMD, added, "Lambda brings a depth of healthcare services experience and technology insight that will help propel PingMD forward in the growing sea of change of healthcare delivery."
PingMD positions itself as the first ever HIPAA-compliant, completely secure and free-of-charge, app-based service designed to restore relationships between patients and their healthcare providers. It is working to help to pave the way toward new era of patient-centric healthcare with improved access and better overall care for patients by providing case collaboration, continuity of care and a permanent record for digital health recordkeeping.
As PingMD continues to secure additional B-round funding, co-founder Chopra has plans in the works to extend the service in 2013 to all healthcare practitioners, hospitals and healthcare companies.