- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NASPA honors 42 pharmacists with innovation award
- CFC inhalers to be phased out by end of year, FDA says
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. — HealthOneMed has launched a device that combines the abilities of pillboxes, reminders, dispensers and medication alerts into one.
The company announced Tuesday the launch of Dispense-a-Pill, a personal medication manager that it said would provide a business opportunity for companies offering healthcare services. The DAP can manage up to 16 medications, including pills, topical creams, eye drops, inhalers and insulin injections. By connecting to a phone line, it automatically can alert a medication management service provider if a dosage is missed.
“We envision medical monitoring companies, home care agencies, senior communities, pharmacies and others using DAP to offer a new, value-added medication management service,” HealthOneMed founder Gazi Abdulhay said.