- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Novo Nordisk launches new insulin device
- APhA Foundation project uses collaborative care to target diabetes among vulnerable populations
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- ADA issues new diet recommendations for diabetes patients
SAN FRANCISCO — The Health Mart Healthy Living Tour recently offered free health screenings at the 7th Annual 13th Congressional District Health Fair, hosted by Rep. David Scott, D-Ga., earlier this month.
Aboard the Health Mart Healthy Living Tour’s 40-ft. mobile screening unit, tour staff offered screenings that include blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and hemoglobin A1C tests.
Co-sponsored by Bayer Diabetes Care and Novo Nordisk, the Healthy Living Tour continues through Nov. 4. The mobile screening unit is making 90 stops across 18 states this year.
Additionally, Health Mart is rewarding 10 Health Mart pharmacists across the country for going above and beyond the call of duty to provide exemplary education, guidance and service to people managing diabetes. Health Mart and co-sponsor Bayer Diabetes Care will hold small recognition ceremonies to honor select pharmacists, the company announced.