- Moving PSE to Rx-only in Mo. lacks fiscal sense
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — A generic version of a popular pneumonia treatment has entered the market from Hi-Tech Pharmacal.
Hi-Tech Pharmacal has introduced levofloxacin oral solution in the 25-mg/mL strength. The drug will be available in 480-mL, 200-mL and 100-mL sizes in order to allow pharmacists to tailor inventory to store volume. As previously reported by Drug Store News, Hi-Tech Pharmacal was granted tentative approval for the drug in April.
Levofloxacin oral solution is a generic version of Levaquin, which is produced by Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson.