- Mallinckrodt receives FDA approval for Xartemis XR
- Actavis seeks approval for generic opioid-dependence drug
- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
- Chronic pain sufferer Dennis Kinch pens book to encourage pain community
- Survey shines spotlight on treatment of pain sufferers by healthcare providers
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. Hi-Tech Pharmacal will market a generic version of a drug used to treat opioid dependence, the company said Monday.
Hi-Tech announced that it would market buprenorphine hydrochloride in the 2-mg and 8-mg strengths through its Midlothian Labs division. The drug is in the form of a tablet placed under the tongue.
The tablets are a generic version of Reckitt Benckiser’s Subutex, which had sales of $75 million during the 12-month period ended in June, according to IMS Health.