- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
LUBBOCK, Texas — United Supermarkets' family of stores is recognizing National Influenza Vaccination Week by offering customers a $20 flu vaccine special.
The national observance, which runs from Dec. 5 through Dec. 11, was established to highlight the importance of continuing influenza vaccination, as well as fostering greater distribution of the flu vaccine during the holiday season, into January and beyond, , according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The vaccine will be offered at United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos United pharmacies.
"We are reducing the cost of our influenza vaccine during this time in an effort to vaccinate more of our guests and help promote a healthy, flu-free holiday season," said Tim Purser, business director pharmacy for United Supermarkets. "An annual flu shot is the first and best step toward prevention of the flu."