- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Hisamitsu America on Wednesday announced the company shipped a season's supply of its topical pain treatment Salonpas products to Jeremy Lin, the New York Knicks point guard who recently underwent surgery to repair a chronic meniscus tear in his knee and is expected to be off the court for about six weeks.
"Everyone at Hisamitsu America is rooting for Jeremy Lin's speedy recovery," Hisamitsu America senior marketing director Patrick Carroll said. "We believe our topical analgesic treatments will help Jeremy Lin manage his pain and rebound our hopes for the Knicks in the NBA playoffs this season."
"Using a transdermal patch or other topical medication, like a spray or foam, provides a welcome alternative for pain sufferers, including those who prefer to avoid the use of oral over-the-counter pain relief medication labeled for minor aches and pains," Salonpas spokesman Dr. Ken Kronhaus said.