- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Mineral Fusion develops new Beauty Balms, Gray Root Concealers for hair
- As U.S. diversifies, products follow suit
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- KareCo brings hair brush collection to mass market
It is no surprise that hair coloring continues to see growth at food, drug and mass as beauty mavens increasingly turn to more cost-effective, at-home beauty regimens and manufacturers continue to turn up the notch on innovation, developing such products as no-drip foam formulas.
As anticipated, sales of hair coloring at food, drug and mass (excluding Walmart) were up 5.2% for the 12 weeks ended Aug. 7 to $254.3 million, according to SymphonyIRI Group.
Women’s hair coloring rose 6.1% to $221.6 million during that period, as men’s hair coloring dipped 0.4% to $32.7 million.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Hair Care Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.