- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Diamond Crystal Brands said its Hormel Health Labs brand is introducing its line of healthcare food products to select Walgreens stores.
Hormel Health Labs products cater to customers that deal with such health conditions as dysphagia (for swallowing difficulty), malnutrition, digestion, muscle maintenance and poor appetite. In line with this, Hormel Health Labs also is introducing such items as Hormel Thick and Easy puree meals for dysphagia, which are shelf-stable meals that microwave in 60 seconds.
“More patients are going home early from hospitals and nursing homes creating a strong demand for our products in the at-home market” Diamond Crystal Brands VP marketing John Rowland said. “When patients leave their healthcare facility, the first place they look for health care products is the drug store. Walgreens is the first drug store to take on such an initiative. They are ahead of the curve.”
The products will be carried at 200 Walgreens locations, the company said.