- Biosimilars should take same generic names as branded counterparts, Hospira's Ramachandra says
- Hospira sales up by 1.4% in third quarter
- Biosimilars market in Europe provides insights to U.S.
- Hospira unveils new testing lab at N.C. plant
- Hospira wins approval for Europe's first biosimilar monoclonal antibody
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Generic drug maker Hospira has appointed Matt Stober as its SVP operations, the company said.
Stober, who began working for Hospira in 2011 as corporate VP U.S. pharmacy operations, will have expanded leadership over all the company's drug manufacturing, as well as manufacturing science and technology, engineering, competitive strategy, health and safety, supply chain and procurement. Stober succeeds John Elliot, who has led operations since April 2012 and will provide continuity of support until he retires at the end of the year.
"Matt brings the perfect blend of vision and experience to our operations organization, backed by a proven track record of success at Hospira," CEO F. Michael Ball said. "In his expanded role, we're confident Matt will continue to successfully advance our dual commitment to remediate and modernize our processes and operations while delivering patient-critical products and ultimately establish our manufacturing operations as a strategic, competitive advantage."