- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
WAUKESHA, Wis. — Hamacher Resource Group is offering pharmacists a new service that it said would allow them to get the top prescriptions dispensed in their two-digit ZIP code to ensure they are accurately and competitively pricing drugs.
HRG said the service, Rx Top Sellers, would provide data on the top 200, 500, 750 or 1,000 prescriptions and include cash median prices that are charged by food-drug retailers and independent pharmacies, as well as mass merchandise retailers.
The pricing intelligence is based on industry data, which HRG uses to develop a dispensing rank and segments by ZIP code and outlet type. The data are updated bi-monthly and delivered on an ad-hoc basis in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
"We have several options for pharmacists when it comes to making sure their prescription pricing is where they want it to be competitively in their area," HRG co-owner and director of operations Julie Bonnell said. "Rx Top Sellers fills a niche in that it is a one-type purchase for pharmacists who want to ensure they aren't under- or over-pricing their prescription drug cash transactions. The report is available without a prescription, which is a good fit for some community pharmacies who want to audit their current pricing strategy."