- Max-Wellness, Humana partner on new in-home healthcare solutions service
- Fourth annual Retail Clinician Education Congress brings together retail healthcare professionals
- Opening of Intel's on-site medical center officially announced by Take Care
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Take Care Health Systems teams up with Ochsner Health System
LOUISVILLE, Ky., and PRINCETON, N.J. — A healthcare company and a drug maker have entered a one-year research partnership to explore diabetes treatment and care.
Humana and Novo Nordisk said its researchers will identify opportunities to change how patients might be treated to improve quality and outcomes for the millions of people who battle diabetes. Humana is working through its research affiliate, Competitive Health Analytics, on this partnership, Humana noted.
"We look forward to collaborating with Humana on this project," Novo Nordisk's corporate VP clinical development, medical and regulatory affairs Anne Phillips said. "Healthcare quality is so important when it comes to achieving good outcomes, but we can't measure it unless we have a strong partner with substantial data. It is our hope that this collaboration ultimately will create solutions that will improve outcomes for people with diabetes."