- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
CHEROKEE, Iowa — The Hy-Vee Drugstore in Cherokee, Iowa, will merge with the company's supermarket in the town next month, the supermarket pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
"Having all our pharmacists together at the same location creates a more efficient operation and enables us to add Sunday hours, a service customers have requested," Hy-Vee assistant VP operations for the company's northwest district Tim Stupka said.
All of the drug store's employees will be transferred to the supermarket or to the company's clinic pharmacy in Marcus, Iowa, effective April 29.