- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Pharmacist as 'physician extender' proves successful
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Diabetes population to double, costs to nearly triple by 2034
- MTM services send Kerr Drug to head of the class
CHEROKEE, Iowa — The Hy-Vee Drugstore in Cherokee, Iowa, will merge with the company's supermarket in the town next month, the supermarket pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
"Having all our pharmacists together at the same location creates a more efficient operation and enables us to add Sunday hours, a service customers have requested," Hy-Vee assistant VP operations for the company's northwest district Tim Stupka said.
All of the drug store's employees will be transferred to the supermarket or to the company's clinic pharmacy in Marcus, Iowa, effective April 29.