- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield has named Hy-Vee's specialty pharmacy division its preferred provider of specialty pharmacy benefits for members, Hy-Vee said.
Starting Oct. 1, Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions will provide services to Wellmark members with disease states requiring such complex drug regimens as cancer, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease and others.
"Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions' customized patient programs, clinical expertise and dedication to customer service will allow Wellmark to deliver high-quality specialty pharmacy benefits while effectively managing costs," Wellmark pharmacy director Matt Hosford said. "Our combined commitment to quality and service will provide greater value for our customers."
Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions will offer services such as pharmacists available around the clock to answer questions or concerns, one-stop shopping for prescriptions and over-the-counter medications and medication delivery through Hy-Vee pharmacies or directly to patients' homes, offices or other locations.
"We are very pleased Wellmark recognized that the unique care model offered by Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions offers their members innovative, cost-effective specialty pharmacy benefit solutions that improve health outcomes," Hy-Vee Pharmacy Soutions president Michael Agostino said.