- Smart phones may make for smart shopping, new survey finds
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Moving PSE to Rx-only in Mo. lacks fiscal sense
- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Supermarket-pharmacy chain Hy-Vee is launching two initiatives designed to promote sustainability, in recognition of Earth Day.
The company announced the creation of a sustainability and healthy living-themed website, Hy-Vee 360, to promote its various initiatives, including its recent partnership with FishWise, a sustainable seafood advocacy group. The chain also is tying sustainability together with healthy living by using the Hy-Vee 360 site to highlight its in-store dietitians, HealthMarket departments and the NuVal nutritional scoring system, as well as information about green building practices, energy conservation, waste reduction and recycling, local sourcing and sustainable packaging.
"As a company, we are dedicated to promoting the well-being of our customers, our employees, our communities and the global environment," Hy-Vee assistant VP real estate and sustainability Mike Smith said. "This means not only operating as a good steward of the environment, but also providing our customers with the resources to live more healthy and sustainable lives."