- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- Study: Probiotic supplementation reduces pediatric doctor visits
- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- Nordic Naturals launches allergen-free probiotic
- Pure Encapsulations launches new probiotic product
CROMWELL, Conn. — i-Health on Monday released an adult-strength chewable version of their probiotic brand — Culturelle Digestive Health Probiotic Chewables. According to i-Health, the new tablet allows easier daily probiotic consumption for the large number of adults who experience difficulty swallowing pills.
"A study cited by the American Medical Association found that 40% of Americans have difficulty swallowing pills — a fact reinforced by the many individuals who were unable to take our current formulation, but saw its benefits with their family members," stated Michael Petschek, director of marketing for i-Health. "We created the chewable version as a natural solution for this very large portion of the population, as well as for those who are looking for ways to simplify their daily routines in the quest for overall well-being."
Culturelle uses a unique and proprietary packaging process, which guarantees 10 billion live active Lactobacillus GG cultures at the time of use, the company noted.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.