- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
BALTIMORE — Ilex Consumer Products Group on Thursday acquired the St. Joseph brand from McNeil-PPC, the company announced.
Ilex’s current brand portfolio includes Calgon and the Healing Garden.
"Strategic acquisitions in the [over-the-counter] market are core to our shareholder value-creation strategy,” stated Robert Bailey, Ilex president. “We are strengthening Ilex’s position in key categories with the addition of St. Joseph. St. Joseph is a scale brand that competes in an attractive category and provides a clear path for shareholder value creation through increased brand support and line extensions."
“We fully intend to make a significant commitment to communicating the benefits of the brand through an aggressive consumer marketing campaign and are very excited about our prospects of this growth segment into the future,” he said.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.