- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- CVS/pharmacy's new system to help patients compare Medicare Part D plans
NEW YORK — A patient-engagement and Medicare decision-making platform is now available in 500 pharmacies across the country.
iMedicare said the growth of the platform would help thousands of seniors enroll in affordable health insurance and prescription drug coverage by enabling pharmacists to help them shop for Medicare insurance plans, automatically integrating their prescription medications in one mobile system.
iMedicare works with major pharmacy software systems like Rx30, QS/1, Computer-Rx and others.
"Before iMedicare, choosing Medicare insurance was extremely difficult because it required manually inputting all of patients' current medications," iMedicare CEO Flaviu Simihaian said. "Now, iMedicare has the ability to securely import the patients' information in a matter of seconds."
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.