- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
- Sandoz announces FDA approval, U.S. launch of chemotherapy drug
- FDA moves to address cancer drug shortages
- Merck's hepatitis C drug granted priority review by FDA
- GPhA responds to potential OGD funding cuts; announces exit of Gordon Johnston
HAYWARD, Calif. — Impax Labs has appointed Mary Pendergast to its board of directors, the generic drug maker said.
Impax said Pendergast's appointment became effective last Wednesday. Pendergast is president of legal and regulatory consulting firm Pendergast Consulting. She previously served as deputy commissioner and senior adviser to the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration for 18 years.
"[Pendergast] brings significant experience and understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape across our industry and can provide invaluable strategic and practical guidance, insight and perspective with respect to our operations, compliance and strategy," Impax chairman Robert Burr said.