- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
Most Care Pharmacies are located within and around the nation’s capital, and that suggests Care represents the face of pharmacy for a lot of influential Beltway executives.
“[That proximity] really is an opportunity for us to represent independent pharmacy,” said Michael Wysong, Care CEO, whose office resides in the same building as the National Community Pharmacists Association. “We [also] co-market a [quality assurance] manual with NCPA. That’s a perfect example where we’re working hand in hand.”
One of Care’s significant points of differentiation is specialty pharmacy. Care has been the exclusive administrator of the Washington DC AIDS Drug Assistance Program contract for the past eight years running. In addition, many of Care’s pharmacies pursue various specialty pharmacy disciplines — some of the largest fertility pharmacies in the country operate under the Care banner, for example.
Care is a member-owned conglomerate that successfully has targeted purchasing volume increases 30% or more each year.