- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
Drug Store News speaks with Chris Dimos, president of pharmacy at Supervalu.
Drug Store News: What is the vision behind Supervalu’s health-and-wellness initiatives?
Chris Dimos: Our mission is to make it easier for all of our customers to manage any health conditions they may have or maintain good health. We believe that by providing a single destination where customers can find fresh food selections and access to our full-service pharmacies, we can help customers achieve their health goals, whatever they may be.
We see Supervalu Pharmacies as the empowerment zone in our stores where people can come in and get the information they need to make informed food and pharmacy choices. We really want to be a resource—to meet the customer [on their terms], and be able to help them make educated decisions that are going to make them successful [in pursuit of a] healthier lifestyle.