- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
JOHNSON CITY, N.Y. — Pharmacy automation company Innovation has appointed Phil Samples as VP government and professional services, the company said Friday.
Samples, who has worked in pharmacy for more than 30 years, will be charged with increasing the company's presence in the government pharmacy market. He previously worked as VP for Truven Health Analytics. He retired as a colonel in the U.S. Air Force in 2010, after 27 years of service. He also served as the 10th consultant for pharmacy services to the USAF Surgeon General and a medical group commander for hospitals within the United States and in the deployed environment.
"Phil has a unique understanding of all aspects of pharmacy operations, especially as it pertains to clinical impact of process optimization on patient satisfaction and improved outcomes," Innovation CEO Mary Reno said. "His exceptional experience across various disciplines and his inherent leadership skills will firmly resonate with both our team and our customers."