- Inter Parfums to buy certain assets of Oscar de la Renta fragrance division, enters licensing deal
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Beyond the Rack offering Shoppers Optimum members new online experience
- Designer Whey partners with beach volleyball Olympic gold medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings
- Designer Adriana Castro named new 'Caress Fabulista'
- Kleenex partners with Isaac Mizrahi for new designs
NEW YORK Inter Parfums has entered into an exclusive agreement with New York designer Betsey Johnson, under which Inter Parfums will design, manufacture and sell fragrance, color cosmetics and personal care products under the Betsey Johnson brand.
The agreement, which runs through Dec. 31, 2015, encompasses both direct sales to global Betsey Johnson stores and e-commerce site, as well as a licensing component, enabling Inter Parfums to sell these fragrance and beauty products to specialty and department stores as well as other retail outlets worldwide.
"Betsey Johnson fashion is forever feminine, sometimes whimsical, but always recognizable. We envision building an upscale fragrance and beauty enterprise around the qualities that have defined and redefined the Betsey Johnson label for [more than] 30 years," stated Andy Clarke, president of Inter Parfums USA specialty retail division. "Our first product launch under the Betsey Johnson brand will be in August 2010 with a new take on the designer's vintage fragrance exclusively for Betsey Johnson stores and a select retailer, as well as a new fragrance collection next year."