- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- Walgreens opens nation’s first net-zero energy store
- Doxercalciferol now available from Roxane Labs
- J&J launches Champions of Care program in support of its 2014 FIFA World Cup sponsorship
TAMPA, Fla. — Nestle Performance Nutrition and its PowerBar brand have teamed up to introduce a new energy bar for women.
Iron Girl is a co-branded women's energy bar that was produced by PowerBar and Iron Girl, an athletic event series consisting of 13 races nationwide, ranging from 10K/5K to half-marathon, duathlon and triathlon. Iron Girl is part of World Triathlon, producers of the Ford Ironman World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
"We are excited to announce the launch of the new Iron Girl energy bar, as an extension to our long-standing partnership with [World Triathlon Corporation]," said Neel Premkumar, brand development manager for PowerBar. "This product supports the active lifestyle of adult women, whether training for an event or getting through a busy daily routine."
Iron Girl energy bars are sold at Target and are available in two flavors: Strawberry and Cranberry, and Cocoa Crunch. Single bars retail for 99 cents each and $4.99 for a multipack (six bars).