- Estée Lauder names Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique
- TPG Growth acquires majority stake in e.l.f. Cosmetics
- Estée Lauder names Guillaume Jesel SVP/general manager, Global Corporate Innovation
- Q&A: The 'magic' touch with Mezei Jefferson of Softsheen-Carson
- Rimmel London banishes shine with BB Cream Matte
SAN FRANCISCO — Equity investor TSG Consumer Partners LLC has made a minority equity investment in IT Cosmetics, a beauty line that is primarily distributed on QVC and the Shopping Channel, and is now expanding to Ulta Beauty stores.
“We continue to see a trend in multi-purpose cosmetics lines where products don’t just cover imperfections but nourish and improve the skin as well,” stated Blythe Jack, managing director at TSG Consumer Partners. “IT Cosmetics falls squarely within this growing category as its products offer anti-aging benefits in addition to aesthetic improvements. This made the brand particularly appealing to TSG, in addition to the charismatic leadership and vision of its founders, Jamie and Paulo.”
To increase IT Cosmetics’ growth, TSG will help the brand focus on a variety of initiatives including the expansion of the product portfolio, penetration into the U.S. specialty beauty channel and increased brand marketing to drive overall awareness.
Founded in 2008 by Jamie Kern Lima and Paulo Lima, IT (Innovative Technology) Cosmetics was developed to deliver anti-aging, color-infused skin care products.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.