- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- Out of Africa continues support of West African women, children with sponsorship
- Walgreens opens nation’s first net-zero energy store
- Mintel: Energy drink category up despite health concerns
- Bi-Lo Holdings to remodel 21 Piggly Wiggly locations under the Bi-Lo banner
EMERYVILLE, Calif. — Jamba is looking to expand the distribution of its all-natural energy drinks line beyond the Northeast market.
Jamba said it is finalizing an agreement with Nestlé to acquire the product formulation and intellectual property for the Jamba all-natural energy drink.
Nestlé and Jamba partnered in late 2007 to launch Jamba Juice products in retail outlets. The two companies recently collaborated to launch three Jamba all-natural energy drinks — strawberry banana, crisp apple and pomegranate blueberry — in the Northeast last year.
“The Nestlé team has done an excellent job in creating excitement and acceptance for the all-natural energy drink line. We will build on that strength and apply innovative approaches to the new growth phase ahead,” Jamba chairman, president and CEO James White said. “A couple of significant retailers with national presence plan to carry the Jamba all-natural energy drink this year and we plan to continue this growth.”
The deal is expected to close in late June. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.