- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Friday named Janel Haugarth, 55, EVP merchandising and logistics.
“Steve Jungmann, who had held the position of EVP merchandising, will leave the company effective immediately,” Supervalu stated.
In her new role, Haugarth will be responsible for all merchandising activities across the company’s traditional retail and independent retail businesses. The move consolidates the leadership of all of the company’s merchandising activities, with the exception of Save-A-Lot, under the leadership of a single EVP, Supervalu noted.
Formerly EVP, president and COO of the company’s supply chain services organization, Haugarth will continue to oversee all of the company’s supply chain and logistics operations, and will report directly to Craig Herkert, CEO and president of Supervalu.
“By consolidating responsibility of our merchandising activities under Janel’s leadership, we will accelerate progress on our company’s business transformation,” Herkert said. “This new structure will enable us to better leverage our scale with the supplier community and meet our customers’ needs with the right products at the right time and at the right price."
"Janel is a proven industry leader, with a strong track record for delivering results,” Herkert added. “[Her] experience working closely with both suppliers and independent retailers gives her a unique point of view in our industry.”