- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
LOS ANGELES — The syndicated health program "The Dr. Oz Show" last week featured Jarrow Formulas' Carnosine supplement, Jarrow announced.
Cardiothoracic surgeon Mehmet Oz, host of the show, touted the benefits of supple skin and improved eye and mind health in the segment. "As we age, our natural Carnosine levels drop more than 60%, causing a loss in vitality," Oz said. "Now researchers are eyeing a supplement form of Carnosine that can have the same rejuvenating effects. Studies show it is a potent antioxidant that can reduce fine lines, wrinkles and even improve brain function.”